Total Pageviews

Monday, January 22, 2018

Hiking With My Other Half

Hannah and Greta walking through the wind

I used to make an attempt at least every month to see my beloved sister. Its better to do in the non snowy months of the year, because we enjoy hiking together a lot. One of the times I took the three and a half hour drive to Winona last year I looked up State Parks ,being that we had already hiked most of the trails in Winona. We made a twenty five minute drive out to Bradys Bluff in Wisconsin. There were two paths to the top and we ended up taking the stairs ( its good for you) and at the top it was the most gorgeous scenery. There was a DNR officer at the top In the shade of a built resting place. He talked to us about the history of the park that was built during the great depression when they needed to make jobs for people. My sister and I were struggling on the climb up the hill but it was all worth it in the end to see the views, and that is the glory of hiking, it is always worth the struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment